Tuesday, March 22, 2016

review || WASTED by Morgan Black


29340847
Self-Published | February 24, 2016 | Bad Boy Romance
Dirty Boys of Chicago, book 1
★★★

SOURCE: MARK MY WORDS PUBLICITY/AUTHOR


Xavier: 
I've wanted her since the moment I met her. 
But it's been ten years. 
I've been in prison. 
Locked away from the one woman I couldn't have. 
I'd kill again to keep her safe. 
To make her mine. 

Farrah: 
I wanted to kill that bastard. 
Xavier Santini ripped my family apart. 
Now it was my turn for revenge. 
I'd do anything to find out the truth. 
About my mother's death. About him. 
I'd even pretend to fall in love with him. 
But then I realized, after all this time, I was still his. 

Wasted is a FULL LENGTH, Standalone with NO CLIFFHANGER and a HEA.


{ review } .

I'm not going to lie -- this one took some time for me to fall in to.

Which surprised me, because the synopsis had me opening the book the moment I received it. And every time I put it back down for a few days, it was the synopsis that brought me back.

From a young age, Xavier knew Farrah was off-limits. Yes, he wanted her, but her mom was employed to the family, making Farrah 'family' for what it was worth. That said, his father told him again and again, you don't eff with family. You don't mess with family. Hands off.

Years later and he's finally gotten out of jail. While in, he essentially served as an enforcer so his getting out, early at that, surprises him.

Xavier's build up was great. From the beginning, I liked his insight and his thoughts. It was Farrah that sometimes dragged the story down for me personally.

The end was great, my kind of epilogue, and this book is a good set up for what could be a great series.

No comments:

Post a Comment