Saturday, September 5, 2015

review || HARD TO FIGHT by Bella Jewel


25392083
St. Martin's Paperbacks | August 11, 2015 | Romantic Suspense
An Alphas Heart, book 1
★★★★1/2

SOURCE: NETGALLEY

Grace is a bounty hunter who wants to be taken seriously, but her boss refuses to believe that a woman can bring down a dangerous criminal. She finally gets a chance to prove herself when she's given the case of a lifetime: capture Raide Knox and bring him to justice.

Raide is a dangerous fugitive on the run...and the sexiest man Grace has ever met. Catching Raide won't be easy. He's not the kind of man to go down without a fight. Raide is more intense and frustrating than any man she's ever had to deal with, and the instantaneous attraction that sparks between them is undeniable. One thing is for sure...it's going to be a case they will never forget.

{ review } .

Oh, my goodness, I loved this story of bounty hunter, Grace, and the man she's supposed to bring in..! My first look into the writing style of Bella Jewel was with her Criminals of the Ocean series -- it was one of those series that wasn't getting the best reviews, but I enjoyed immensely.

I should have not expected any less with this series.

Grace was such a fun female to read about. My only other glimpse with the bounty hunter roll is ironically with another female. Oh yes, Stephanie Plum. There were aspects of Grace's life that reminded me of that Plum character (mainly her large desire for bigger jobs and to be taken more seriously) but that's where the similarities ended. The Plum series is very much a comedy, and this story was very much a romantic suspense.

Raide wants to keep Grace away, but slowly, ever so slowly, she weasels her way into his heart and he has to decide if he's going to do the right thing or not -- and his choices made me love him so much more. Raide proves to be one of the toughest, strongest Alpha men I have come across, but he's also one of the most loyal and loving.

This was certainly a page turner for me and I cannot wait to read more of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment