Wednesday, September 23, 2015

{ arc } review || BENEATH THESE SCARS by Meghan March



25682897
Meghan March LLC | September 22, 2015 | Romantic Suspense
Beneath, book 4
★★★★★

SOURCE: ROCKSTAR PR via NETGALLEY

I’m the guy you love to hate.

In every story in my life, I seem to end up playing the villain—and I’ve got the scars to prove it.

That role works fine for me, because I’m sure as hell not anyone’s hero.

I run my life and my empire with an iron fist—until she knocks my tightly controlled world off its axis.

She’s nobody’s damsel in distress, but I can’t help but want to save her anyway.

I guess we’re about to find out if there’s a hero buried … beneath these scars.

{ review } .

I can't say I've read Meghan March before, and therefore I've not read the previous books in this series, but I can say that I will be. Titan is a fighter who is out for revenge, and in his (greatly written) opening fight, he's well on his way.

But no worries, that scene showcases Ms. March's ability for comedy, too.


...and caught him directly in the balls. It was probably an accident.

That move, though, sets the scene for who Lucas Titan is -- a man with money, a man with little conscious, and a man who just doesn't give a rat's hind end (yes, hind end)...(needless to say, I wasn't expecting a friendship to come out of that fight).

Shortly after, we learn about the spunkiness that is Yve Santos.


My eyes found Yve again. "He bothering you?"
"I can take care of myself."
"Did he bother you?" I repeated.
"
You're bothering me."


The relationship that would eventually become Lucas and Yve wasn't exactly smooth sailing from the beginning. It was a "we barely tolerate one another" that eventually grew to Cinderella dresses and glass slipper necklaces. The DB-ness of Lucas and the spitfire spunk of Yve was such a fun combination to read through the pages, but my favorite parts were when Lucas lost a bit of that confidence and was unsure of Yve and her reactions to things he'd done. He valued her opinion and wanted her to be happy, and I loved him for that. 

No one challenged me like she did, and it was addictive. She was addictive.

Yve doesn't always trust Lucas's intentions, but that was more on her than him; he tries to show her he wants her in his life, but she doesn't believe her life can be more than the women's before her -- the choices and lifestyles her mother, grandmother, great-grandmother before her, has her second guessing everything she does with Lucas. Granted, Lucas could have helped this out by talking with her but...

I have been on a roll with reading these fighter romance books; loved this and can't wait to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment