Saturday, November 15, 2014

review || MERRY CHRISTMAS, BABY



I've been really good about reading my NetGalley books in order of publication...

...but after my Roman and Beth high, I really needed to read another couple that I loved dearly (....or possibly another Titan book, oh, say Rocco's or Colby's so I can get a proper review up). I've been Jill Shalvis-less for a bit now and was missing me some Lucky Harbor.

When I requested MERRY CHRISTMAS, BABY, I didn't figure I'd be approved on NetGalley. Haven't been lucky enough where this series is. But I tried, knowing that I was better off just pre-ordering the newest Lucky Harbor book that revisited my favorite couple.

But then I got the email.

Girly squee inserted here.

I read both HART ATTACK & MERRY CHRISTMAS, BABY over one night (and finished half of TWISTED LIES -- did I not mention at one point that I put away books quickly??) and both get 5s from me.

To be fair, I'm incredibly partial to both Cristin and Jill -- there's only been one Lucky Harbor book I've read that I had a hard time getting into, and Titan....? Well, Titan hasn't steered me wrong yet (the only one not getting full stars from me may simply be CHASED).

I have loved Sawyer and Chloe since their sneak peek blurb in THE SWEETEST THING. I've read their story a number of times, but it's easily been a year plus since I've last read them...

...but they're one of those couples that you remember the important parts.

Like when she's tending to her knee while on the kitchen counter and he saunters in, and when she has an asthma attack that scares the beejeesus out of Sawyer, and the ever-lovely... shower scene ;) That's a favorite for many Sawyer and Chloe fans.

So while I was extremely sad to see that Jill is putting a close on the Lucky Harbor series, I was super excited to see that the Christmas novella was a Sawyer and Chloe book.

Also? Every time I see this title, I get the Hanson version of the song stuck in my head... Just saying.













Merry Christmas, Baby by Jill Shalvis

Publisher: Grand Central Publishing (12/2/2014)
Series: Lucky Harbor, book 12.5
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: NetGalley
Buy It From Kindle | Nook | Kobo | iBooks || Goodreads
My Rating: 



SEASON’S KISSES
Wild child Chloe Thompson can’t believe how much things have changed. She still can’t get enough of her sexy husband Sawyer, but he seems to prefer working to thinking about impending fatherhood. So tonight, a very pregnant Chloe is escaping her troubles at the town Christmas party.
Sheriff Sawyer Thompson hopes surprising Chloe at the party will give him a chance to set things right. But as the snow begins to fall and the wind rages, he wonders whether he can make it back in time. While mother nature conspires to keep Sawyer and Chloe apart, an unexpected arrival will require them to kiss and make up . . . and ring in the happiest holiday Lucky Harbor has ever seen.
- - -
If there's one thing you've learned about Sawyer and Chloe, it is that they are both extremely hard headed -- and that's quite the understatement -- but they work very well together. Mix in lingering childhood fears of abandonment, and you get Chloe sadly watching Sawyer walk away to another job, taking him away from home and her again, leaving her convinced that these baby hormones are pushing him further and further away.

She starts to feel that this baby, who is now nearly nine months along, mind you, was a mistake. Not that she doesn't want it, but it was something that Sawyer wanted to wait on. He has his own childhood fears, you see. With a baby on the way that Chloe isn't so sure Sawyer wants, and her hormones making her super witch... he must be falling out of love with her, right?

Oh, Chloe... You really ought to know better.

Sawyer worships the ground she walks on. He doesn't always show it the right way... but he never has. That's just Sawyer. 

This was a lovely little look into the lives of Sawyer and Chloe, and I'm still super sad that once Lucky Harbor is gone, so will these two. I'd like to put them in my back pocket and keep them around forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment